To Beep or Not To Beep is a 1963 Merrie Melodies short directed by Chuck Jones.
Except for the very beginning and ending frames, this short is entirely comprised of scenes featured in Adventures of the Road-Runner TV pilot (which did feature the taxonomy, but for the Road Runner only.) with new music by William Lava.
There is another version of To Beep or Not To Beep that uses audio from the Adventures of the Road-Runner Special.
After using a lasso, spring-loaded coils and wrecking ball crane to try and catch the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote (appetitus-uncontrolibus) makes a few attempts with a catapult to try and launch a boulder at the Road Runner (speedomitrus-maximus).
Sound Effects Used
- LOONEY TUNES CARTOON FALL SOUND
- RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 08
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, CRASH - LARGE JUNK CRASH 02
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, TWANG - WOBBLING TWANG
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 02
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 03
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 05
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 07
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - RICCO AND WHINE 04
- WB BOULDER CRACK
Click here to view the gallery for the normal cartoon.
Click here to view the gallery for the redubbed cartoon.
To Beep or Not To Beep on the Looney Tunes Wiki